I like color and texture and big art and loud laughter. That is what I bring to the canvas through my work. Having spent almost 24 years in a profession that required me to wear a uniform and follow rules, I found that making art helped keep me balanced.
In 2008, I spent my days doing manpower analyses in a grey cubicle in the Pentagon, living in the columns and rows of spreadsheets and bureaucracy. I spent my off time making things with beads and wire and paper and glue. I found that not only was it fun, I also got to meet like-minded folks. In those days, we used blogging as a way to share and connect so I became part of a wonderful network of artists and creative people.
As a natural continuation on my artful journey, I found my way into mixed media workshops. You can use anything you want to create art? Yes, please. I welcomed the chaos of a mixed media studio in my house juxtaposed with the good order and discipline of a military office. As it turns out, allowing my creativity to bloom with painted hands and ripped paper helped me grow as an officer. Making decisions, solving problems, and leading people all require flexibility of perspective and commitment—both things that I developed when making art.
Now that I don’t wear a uniform anymore, I still find art as a way to free my mind and make connections. I have enjoyed rejoining my hometown community in Bedford since my move back in 2016 and am happy to be a part of our vibrant little art world.
I am currently a student at the Savannah College of Art & Design through their on-line programming seeking a degree in Graphic Design. I'll share of that work through this site, too!
· Solo Exhibition, Jenny’s Big Show, Briar Valley Winery, Bedford, PA, 2018
· Group Exhibition, A Not So Common Thread, Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art, Bedford, PA, October 2020 – January 2021
· Solo Exhibition, Allegany College of Maryland Bedford Campus, Tenley Gallery Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art, Everett, PA, August - September 2021
· Art Bead Bracelets, Everyday Bracelets eMag, August 2011
· Rustic Dangle Earrings, Bead Trends Magazine, October 2010
· Urban Escape Necklace, Stringing Magazine, Fall 2010
· Yummy Lemonade Necklace, Creative Jewelry Magazine, 2010
· Daring Squiggle Pendant, Step By Step Wire Magazine, Spring 2009
· Groovy Red Necklace, Stringing Magazine, Summer 2009